New Template

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Life's Markers

Chan's preschool graduation was a special night for him. It marked his passage into REAL SCHOOL. (Or so he thinks...) Next fall, watch out Pre-K because there will be a new man in town and he is ready to learn and be like "the big kids". When Chandler's teacher asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up, he quickly said, "a teenager". So it looks like mom and dad are going to have their hands full with this one for sure!


Brenna has officially finished school and is technically classified as a high school freshman. It is hard to believe that she is a freshman and that I am a mother with a high school student! She aced all her classes (again) and has a full academic load lined up next year complete with a little R&R with the high school swim team. I'm glad she will have the social aspect back in her life but oh, how I'm going to miss my Brenna girl. [The last 1/2 of the academic year, she finished school with an online charter program taking Geometry, High School LA and Spanish - along with other classes.]

MeKenna had a project to reconstruct London in 3-D and give an oral report on her country. She did an awesome job presenting because she was well prepped by her older sister. Brenna and I were happy to help her get this project behind her and reclaim the kitchen space.

Carter and Taylor finished their football season and are looking forward to trying tackle football in the fall. They had fun with new friends and gained new skills on the field.




Tanner's baseball season continues and though the team isn't doing very well, Tanner is holding his own on the mound. It has been a difficult season with an inexperienced coach. Sometimes it is amazing what we learn when we are placed in undesireable circumstances.




As for Russ and myself, we are just doing well to survive the hectic days and the emotion that results from decisions others have made. I can't control choices that are made out of my realm but I am learning how better to cope with those decisions that impact my life. I've been blessed with wonderful friends who support me, allow me to cry on their shoulders and some who even insist on bringing my family dinner. With friends like that, I can get through these trials.

In the end, I'm very grateful for Russ and my children. Most men don't listen but want to "fix" everything. Russ is good about validating my feelings and emotions, holding me when I need to cry, and lightening my load in the house. Sometimes he'll even take the kids out for "daddy time" and let me have time by myself. I love him so much!




















1 comment:

  1. Your little "Chan Man" is ADORABLE!! Congrats to Brenna..., she sounds like one smart cookie!!
    Hope everything is going better for you. Aren't we lucky to have such AMAZING men in our lives?? :)
    Have a FABULOUS Day :)

    ReplyDelete