New Template

Monday, July 19, 2010

New Resolution: Take More Pictures

OK - So, we have had an eventful month. Lots of out of town visitors have come, Russ had his 20 year HS Reunion, the boys and Russ went to Fathers/Sons with the Scadden Uncles and male cousins, and we've had some vacation time with dad here and there. What do I have to show for it? Basically....Nothing but embedded images in my mind. I failed yet again to take pictures. I could blame it on the fact that our camera was lost in March or the undeniable truth that Brenna took her camera with her to MS, or even the reality that the camera I really want is too expensive. Truthfully, I'm just a loser mom who has not documented all the events taking place through pictures.


I decided today when I saw how large our garden has grown and the produce it is giving us, I needed to find another solution. Thus, I'm going to use my phone camera to take pictures of everything I can until I can afford to get the good camera Russ and I have been eyeing.


I did manage to get this picture of my kids and Drew Robertson playing with them at the Herriman Beach. It has been fun to have Drew over to play with the boys...sort of a second generation thing. His dad, Mike, grew up with me and we hung out tons during our teenage years. I can't count the number of homes we toilet papered! Good times! Anyway, Drew has been in town visiting his aunt and came to stay the evening with my boys, played at the beach, joined the neighborhood group of boys in night games, and in general...fit in like an old shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment