New Template

Thursday, February 4, 2010

He listens

I'm interrupting my latest blog pattern (of paying tribute to my children as individuals). The past few days have been extremely hard for me to get through. External issues have brought with them extra pressure, sleepless nights and much grief.

I was listening to a series of talks on CD about Love. Dr. Lund sighted some interesting facts about the female brain which explains more of my dilemna. It seems that studies have proven at night - the female brain sleeps only 10%, with the remaining 90% being active. The old saying that men sleep through everything is also a proven fact. When they go to sleep, 70% of their brains sleep. Wow....What that would be like? At least now I understand I really HAVE been thinking through the night and it hasn't been my imagination. :)

Anyway, I'm just writing to say how grateful I am for my marriage and for Russ. He supports me and helps me through tough times. He works hard for us and is helping me to face what lies ahead with optimism. My children are everything to me and for them, I'm also grateful. I realized this morning when I was laying in bed mussing over the trials that are before me that Heavenly Father is listening. I felt peace in my heart - even for a few small moments - before the "natural man" brought back all the doubt. (Laughingly): I sometimes think I need just a fraction of Brenna's faith thrown into my system so I would not panic. I'm going to work on that - and the fact that I know (and need to remember) that Heavenly Father is beside me!

1 comment:

  1. No doubt that our HF does listen. So do friends! :) If you ever need a listening ear, I'm here. :)

    ReplyDelete